Today at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers has been presented the concept to increase the ministries capacity within the public administration reform. It’s worth to remark that the changes will take place according to the approved Strategy of public administration reform in Ukraine during 2016-2020 years. The aim of the initiative – is to move from the outdated command and administration system to a modern one, focused on reforms and effective policy implementation.
The government reform to be implemented in three directions:
• New approaches: strategic planning, focusing on priorities and making balanced decisions based on policy analysis;
• New structures: the Ministries and the Cabinet Office;
• New people: modern methods of human resources and involvement of reform experts.
The reform will have two stages and affect all the ministries.
Among the key steps which involve ministries reforming are:
• Creation of new units responsible for development and policy analysis, as well as for strategic planning;
• Competitive experts’ recruitment to new subdivisions;
• The introduction of modern tools for online interaction.
It should be added that involvement of new specialists will take place through competitions supported by the European Union. Also, the entire staff will be trained in modern methods of analysis and policy development.
Source: The Cabinet of Ministers