Minister of Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers Oleksandr Saienko wrote in his author’s newspaper column in “Ukrayinska Pravda” about the principle tasks of the government on the reform of public administration in 2017, namely:
• Increasing the government capacity for strategic planning: the adoption of the Strategic Plan of Priority Actions for the Government for the period up to 2020, the development of a three-year budget Declaration.
• Distribution of political and administrative functions in ministries, reconstruction of the institution of state secretaries.
• Implementation of a policy analysis cycle as mandatory procedures for the development of all governmental decisions.
• Introduction of an e-governance system.
• Strengthening human and institutional capacity of all ministries and the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
According to the Minister, in 2017, following the above priorities, the Government will be able to start implementing the reform, regulatory and legal framework of which was prepared in 2016. Thus, a new law on public service came into force in May 2016, the Public Administration Reform Strategy for the period of 2016-2020 was approved in June, an Agreement with the EU on financing a public administration reform was signed and in December.
Since the beginning of 2017, the Reforms Delivery Office is responsible for the development and coordination of reforms in the Government.
Source: Ukrayinska Pravda